Friday, September 08, 2023

Pre-dawn drop in.

4:30 AM. The days are getting shorter again; sunrise wouldn't arrive for a couple more hours. But moths are on the night shift; this one dropped in to visit before she* went off to to find a sleeping spot for the day.

Nice hat.

Her camouflage works on tree trunks. Not on my bedside table.

She sat for a few photos, then flew away. I haven't seen her since, so she probably found her way out the open window.

*She's probably a female. Depending on the species, the males have more elaborate antennae. "The better to smell you by, my dear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Las 4 y media de la mañana. Los dias, ahora, se hacen más cortos y el sol no se asomaría por unas dos horas. Pero las palomillas son nocturnas; para la que me vino a visitar, ya llegaba al fin su dia y pronto tendría que buscar un sitio para dormir. Pero no en mi mesita de noche. Esperó a que le sacara unas fotos, y luego voló. No la he visto desde entonces; probablemente logró encontrar mi ventana abierta.

Foto #1: Cara a cara con la mariposa nocturna. ¡Bonito sombrero!

#2: Vista desde arriba. Su camuflage funciona muy bien en los troncos de los árboles, pero aquí no.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger