Saturday, August 19, 2023

The watchers

 I dropped in to the little aquarium, mostly to say hello to the hermit crabs. They were busy doing what hermit crabs love best (after eating); standing at the window, in this case their glass wall, watching the world go by.

Blackeyed hermit, Eupagurus armatus in a moonsnail shell

Widehand hermit, Pagurus tenuimanus

And then there was more to see, some critters I'd never seen before. There will be photos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pasé por el pequeño acuario, primeramente para ver a los cangrejos ermitaños. Estaban esperando, haciendo lo que más les gusta (después de comer): pararse junto a la ventana, que en este caso es la pared de su tanque, y observar al mundo.

Fotos:
  1. Ermitaño de ojos negros, Eupagurus armatus vistiendo una concha de caracol luna.
  2. Ermitaño de manos anchas, Pagurus tenuimanus.
Hubo más. Inclusive algunas criaturas que no había visto antes. Habrá fotos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger