Tuesday, June 06, 2023

LBBs also stands for Little Bugs and Beetles

 When we look at flowers, as often as not, we find them populated. In my garden this week, I've seen bees and butterflies, mostly the cabbage whites, ants and sowbugs. And spiders, always the spiders. This week there was an orange one I hadn't seen before. Running, of course. Most of the critters didn't hang around long enough to get a photo. But there was one fly so happy on her bouquet of parsely flowers that she ignored the camera a couple of inches away.

Just an "everyday" fly.

And there are always the ones I don't see until I upload the photos to the computer. Here, a very small orange-bellied beetle of some sort climbs a blade of lawn grass.

Among the buttercups. And a fuzzy ant in the background.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mirando las flores, casi siempre las encontramos con sus residentes del reino animal. Esta semana en mi jardín he visto abejas, mariposas (la mayoría blanquitas de la col), hormigas y cochinillas. Y las arañas, siempre las arañas. Esta semana vi por primera vez una araña color naranja. Corriendo, claro. Casi todas las criaturitas no se quisieron detener para que les hiciera su retrato. Pero sí hubo una mosca tan contenta con su ramo de flores de perejil que no se fijaba en mi cámara, acercándose hasta apenas unos pocos centímetros.

Foto: la mosca y las flores de perejil.

Y siempre hay los bichos tan, tan pequeñitos que no los veo hasta que subo las fotos a la computadora. Como este escarabajito con el abdomen anaranjado que se trepaba a una hoja del césped.

Foto: el escarabajo entre los ranúnculos. También hay una hormiga en el fondo.


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the "everyday fly" is actually a kind of solitary bee (could be a sweat bee, from my 1 minute google image search)? The antenna seems long enough.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger