Thursday, September 22, 2022

Carrying on

When the needles are gone, a dead tree may still be green. A pale, ghostly green, but still busy converting sunlight to sugars. And providing sustenance and shelter to the forest creatures.

Hair lichen on dead trees.

Look for eagles atop trees like this.

The tree may be dead, but life goes on, and thrives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuando un árbol muerto ha perdido sus hojas, puede seguir verde. Un verde fantasmal, pero vivo, consistiendo de líquenes filamentosos que siguen convirtiendo la luz del sol a carbohidratos, sirviendo de sustento y albergue a las criaturas del bosque. La vida persiste, y prospera.

Fotos: árboles de hoja perenne, ya muertos, cubiertos de líquenes filamentosos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger