Monday, August 01, 2022

Gourmand

Things to do when it's too hot to go outside:

There was a weevil on my table. And I had a banana in my hand. I peeled off a strip of the fibre just inside the peel and put it down in front of him.

Weevil. Photo stack, 5 photos.

He backed away from my hand, then noticed the banana and hurried forward to nibble at it. Stayed with it for a long time, even when I brought the camera down to within a couple of inches of his face.

First taste of this tropical food for a northern beastie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Como pasar el tiempo cuando hace demasiado calor para salir.

Un gorgojito estaba cruzando la mesa. Y yo traía un plátano. Pues en vez de enviar el bichito a pasear afuera, le dí un pedazo de la fibra del plátano. Se espantó un poco a ver mi mano tan cerca, pero luego notó el plátano y se apuró a probarlo. Y ahí se quedó mucho tiempo, comiendo, ni siquiera me hizo caso cuando acerqué la cámara a unos cuantos centímetros de su cara.

Fue toda una novedad para el gorgojo: una fruta tropical aquí en el norte.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger