Saturday, July 30, 2022

Sun lover

We're fortunate, here on the island; when it's hot, hot, hot on the mainland, here it's just hot. My sweet peas are wilting, but the sunflowers are happy.

Sunflower dressed in flame reds and yellows.

The weather people still have a heat warning posted, but they're promising rain for the middle of next week. I hope they're right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tenemos suerte, aquí en la isla; el interior de la provincia se está tostando, con temperaturas alrededor de 40°, mientras que aquí solamente hace calor. Hoy apenas llegó a 32°.

Mis guisantes de olor se están marchitando pero los girasoles se sienten felices.

Foto: un girasol, vestido en colores de fuego.

Los meteorólogos todavía han subido una advertencia de extremos de calor, pero para mediados de la semana, pronostican lluvia. Ojalá tengan razón.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger