Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Annual columbine photos

I checked back through the years since I came to Campbell River. Each year, at the end of May or the first week in June, I posted photos of columbines. An introduced species last year, the native red columbine every other year.

So, following the pattern, here are this year's red columbines:

In a sunny spot on the edge of the forest, they look like a flight of butterflies.

Columbine, Aquilegia formosa, with buds.

This one reminds me of a jester's cap.

And I have to include this photo, even though it's blurry, because it has a bee, and bees are in short supply this spring.

He has his saddlebags full of pollen already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Revisé mis fotos de los años desde que vine a Campbell River. Cada año al fin de mayo o en la primera semana de junio, subí fotos de aquileñas, Aquilegia formosa. El año pasado fue una especie de aquileñas introducida; los otros años, fueron nuestra aquileña roja, que es nativa.

Siguiendo la costumbre, aquí subo las de 2022.

Foto # 1: un grupo de plantas; en el sol a la orilla del bosque, hasta parecen una manada de mariposas.

# 2: Con unos botones.

# 3: Esta se parece, creo, a un gorro de bufón.

Y esta última foto me salió borrosa, pero la tengo que incluir porque tiene una abeja, y las abejas son escasas este año. Esta ya tiene sus bolsas llenas de polen.


1 comment:

  1. I grew up in NZ loving the purple kind. Until yours, I didn't even know there were reds! And now, I love them, too.Like jesters' caps, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger