Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Cold days, warm colours

In between searches for spiders for Arachtober, I stopped to look at fall colours in a friend's garden.

Burning bush; magenta leaves, orange berries, and the remains of flowers in in deep cherry-red.

Sit and rest a while in the shade of the Pyracantha

Weigela, flowers and ex-flowers.

And even the spiders come in fall tones! Araneus diadematus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mientras buscaba arañas para el mes de Arachtober, me distraje observando los colores de otoño en el jardín de una amiga.

  1. Euonymus alatas, el arbusto ardiente. En esta temporada luce las hojas brillantes en tonos de magenta, las frutillas anaranjadas, y los restos de las flores en un color de cerezas.
  2. Siéntate un rato en la sombra de los pyracantha con sus frutas rojo/anaranjado.
  3. Weigela, aun cuando pierde las flores mantiene la forma de estrella con tintes de color de rosa.
  4. Hasta las arañas se presentan en colores de la temporada. Esta es una araña de la especie Araneus diadematus, o sea araña con corona, por el diseño de su abdomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger