Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Almost got away

I was trying to take photos of bees and hover flies working on the last of the gumweed flowers, but they danced too quickly from flower to flower. One hadn't gotten far enough away to escape the camera.

He's blurry, and almost off the edge, but I loved his busy wings.

Caught him!

Zooming in. Those wings are fast!

How fast?

Honey bees can beat their wings over 230 times per second. (Ask a Biologist, ASU)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Estaba tratando de capturar fotos de abejas y moscas que buscaban polen en las flores tardías de Grindelia integrifolia, pero sin éxito porque no se quedaban más que unos segundos en cada flor. Pero una abeja casi casi se me escapó, pero la cámara la vió, aunque en el mero borde de la foto.

Y está algo borrosa, pero me gustó por esas alas tan entusiastas.

Foto: la flor y la abeja, y haciendo zoom, la abeja a solas. ¡Esas alas sí que son rápidas!

Las abejas de miel pueden batir las alas más de 230 veces por segundo. (Ask a Biologist, ASU)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger