Tuesday, June 01, 2021

While the sun shines

 Hard at work.

A yellowjacket, Vespula alascensis, the common or Alaskan yellowjacket.

A face view: 

On sweet rocket, Hesperis matronalis

And a third photo, because I like the way the wings fan out:

So busy; with small busy flies, making sure there will be seeds soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mucho trabajo: una avispa "yellowjacket" (chaqueta amarilla), Vespula alascensis, en una planta de la flor Hesperis matronalis. Con un grupo de moscas chiquitas, se ocupan en asegurar que pronto habrá semillas para la próxima temporada.

Me gustó la tercera foto por las alas que se agitan tan rapidamente.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger