Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Just because

I went for a walk in the hills above Echo Lake. In the open, the sun was warm and dragonflies looped from sun to shade over a small creek. The moss on the rocks was dry and crisp, but thick enough to make a comfortable cushion. I sat to watch the dragonflies. And took a photo of the grass right in front of my nose.

Unidentified grass.(Update: sweet vernal grass)

The dragonflies never stopped zipping back and forth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caminaba en el cerro arriba del lago Echo. En campo abierto, el sol calentaba, y las libélulas daban vueltas de sol a sombra sobre un riachuelo. En las rocas, el musgo estaba seco y crujiente, pero con suficiente profundidad como para formar un cojín cómodo. Me senté para observar las libélulas, y saqué una foto del pasto justo en frente de mi cara.

Las libélulas no se detuvieron ni por un segundo.


2 comments:

  1. if it were out here in New Jersey, I would say sweet vernal grass. Don't know what you have out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have sweet vernal grass here. Thanks for the id!

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger