Sunday, June 20, 2021

Spider half-dozen

I was puttering in the garden yesterday and a spider rode her silk down from my forehead to the tip of my nose. "Hey! You've been ignoring us!" was the message.

Okay, okay, I get it. Sorry! So here are a few recent spider pics.

Cross spider, Araneus diadematus, with a sowbug wrap. That's a hefty meal!

Another, laying in wait over the flower bed just outside my kitchen window.

Cellar spiders, Pholcus phalangoides, (I call this one "Spots") are so elegant!

Except when they forget which leg goes where.

A roaming male, unidentified, searching for a mate on my bedroom wall. You know he's a male by the boxing gloves. And look at those fangs!

There! Am I forgiven now, spidey?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Estaba trabajando en el jardín ayer cuando una arañita bajó, colgándose de su telaraña desde mi cabeza hasta la punta de mi nariz. Como si dijera —¡Oye! ¡Nos has estado olvidando!

Bueno, tiene razón. Así que aquí van unas fotos recientes de mis compañeras arañas.

Primera y segunda fotos: Arañas "cruz", Araneus diadematus, la primera con un taco de cochinilla. ¡Comida para una semana!

Tercera y cuarta: las arañas Pholcidae siempre son tan elegantes. Hasta que se les olvida cual pata va en cual lugar.

Quinta foto: una araña macho, sin identificación, cruzando la pared en mi recámara, buscando su media naranja. Se sabe que es macho por los guantes de boxeo que lleva. ¡Y mira esos colmillotes!

Y ahi lo tienes, arañita; ¿me puedes disculpar ahora?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger