Friday, April 23, 2021

Thousands of eggs

 Sunny day. Low tide. Rocky shore, with tide pools.

I found whelk eggs!

Hundreds of egg cases. Thousands of eggs. And a few proud parents.

Down on my knees to get a better look.

Some are yellow, others are pink. I think these are frilled dogwinkles, Nucella lamellosa.

Work done, a whelk plows her way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Un dia asoleado. Marea baja. Piedras expuestas a la luz del dia. Y pozas intramareales.

¡Y encontré huevos de bocinas (Nucella lamellosa)!

Fotos: 1 a 3: concentración de huevos en la zona baja. Cientos de sacos de huevos, miles de huevos.

Foto 4: una bocina, trabajo concluido, forma un surco en la arena.

#Invertefest


2 comments:

  1. Thanks again.

    I am so pleased when you post. I actually feel my shoulders and neck muscles relax.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger