Thursday, April 22, 2021

Sun and shade

 A few flowers from a quick walk down the riverside.

Probably wild cherry, or crabapple. I'll see in the summer. (Update: cherry.)

Really tiny, shoe-sole height. Field bitter-cress, Cardamine pratensis. Likes shade.

Hooker's fairybells. Deep shade.

 I think these are maple. Not on a tree; a shoot out of the underbrush.

Update: the last one has been identified as Sweet gale, Myrica gale, a wetlands/river and estuary plant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unas cuantas flores vistas en un paseo a la orilla del rio.

1. Creo que es un cerezo salvaje. O tal vez manzano silvestre. En el verano veré.
2. Una planta muy pequeña, a la altura de mis zapatos. Cardamine pratensis.
3. Campanitas de Hooker
4. Creo que es una rama de un maple juvenil.


2 comments:

  1. #1 is cherry; it only has one pistil. #4 looks like Myrica gale to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I looked up Myrica gale and found a photo at about the same stage. It looks right. I'll go back and look at it again once it develops leaves.

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger