Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Heron in a hurry

Great blue herons don't appreciate visitors. A person on the shore hundreds of feet away is just too, too close. I try to sneak up slowly, pretending to be a rock in between steps, but no, they're no so easily fooled. Sometimes they croak at me as they leave, but they always leave.

Outta here! With a non-worried loon.

One second later, the loon left behind. Heron in a hurry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A las garzas azules les gusta estar solas. Muy a solas. Si una persona se atreve a invadir su espacio, aun a una distancia de cientos de pies, se ponen nerviosas; es demasiado cerca, mucho muy demasiado. Yo trato de acercarme sigilosamente, paso por paso, deteniéndome entre paso y paso, haciendo parecer que soy una de las piedras, nada más. Pero no se engañan tan facilmente; enojadas, extienden las alas y se van. A veces emiten un graznido enfadado mientras se alejan. Pero siempre se alejan.

Fotos: una garza azul que no quiso tener visitas. Con una gavia, no tan preocupada.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger