Sunday, March 07, 2021

Stuck in a tree

Four years ago, walking in the woods around Lake Roberts, I saw a tree-climbing dog. A yellow-green tree-climbing dog.

That was then. Summer woods, June 2017

That was in mid-summer, in the green woods.

Following the same trail the other day, in earliest spring, I saw him, still up that tree.

This is now. Spring woods, March 2021

He has company now; a fat green bird on the next tree over. Good. It must get lonely up there, year after year, season after season.

OK. I'll be sensible; I just like the comparison, winter to summer in deciduous woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hace cuatro años, en el bosque alrededor del lago Roberts, vi un perro a medio tronco de un árbol. Un perro verde amarillento. En el árbol.

Primera foto: Junio de 2017.

Eso fue en verano, con el bosque vestido de verde.

Siguiendo el mismo sendero hace unos dias, me encontré otra vez con el perrito. Sigue en el árbol.

Segunda foto: marzo de 2021.

Por lo menos ahora tiene un compañero, un pájaro gordo, igualmente verde, en el prèximo árbol. Que bien; ha de ser aburrido, allí en el bosque año tras año, temporada tras temporada.

Bueno, dejaré de tonterías. Pero me llamó la atención como cambia un bosque de árboles caducifolios mientras pasa el año.

1 comment:

  1. I like the comparison, too. But I like the dog even more.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger