Thursday, October 15, 2020

Dune mushrooms

It's raining at least part of the day every day now. Mushroom season! These were on logs on the dunes around Oyster Bay.

On a well-rotted log, a brown umbrella.

These new mushrooms are brown, shapeless. But look at the over-ripe one! Greenish black, curled, gilled.

In hiding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

En esta temporada, llueve casi todos los dias. Es temporada de hongos.

Estos crecen en troncos viejos en las dunas entre la playa y el bosque de Oyster Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger