Saturday, September 19, 2020

Mushroom season again!

It's raining! It's even washed away some of the smoke; this afternoon, there was even a small patch of blue between the clouds! It's time to go mushrooming again.

A few, in a friend's lawn, even jumped the gun.

Big brown mushroom, with oak leaf.

The mushroom had attached itself to the oak leaf so that when my friend removed it, the mushroom tore. I liked it as is.

Gilled mushroom, unidentified

I've mostly given up on trying to identify mushrooms, unless they're old favourites. I'm happy just to celebrate their appearance.

A smaller, almost lacy mushroom. And is that a pile of worm poop behind it?

Top view.

There were also a few puffballs, new and white, but not enough for a meal.

~~~~~~~~~
Ya empezó la temporada de hongos. Hoy y ayer ha estado lloviendo. Y la lluvia nos quitó el humo de los incendios; hasta apareció una zona pequeña de cielo azul entre las nubes esta tarde. Y ahora ya es tiempo de ir a buscar hongos.

Estos dos tenían prisa y le ganaron a la lluvia. Están el el césped de una amiga.

No las pude identificar; ya no me enfado tanto en tratar de hallar su género; es suficiente celebrar su aparición y sus múltiples formas y colores.

2 comments:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger