Friday, September 25, 2020

Golden kelp fronds

 This week's storm has cast up great tangles of bull kelp onto the beaches.


The stipe and bladder are dry and dull, but the fronds retain their glorious silky sheen and warm colour for a long time.

I brought home a fresh section of stipe for my aquarium critters. The snails have been eating it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 La tempestad que nos acosó esta semana ha aventado grandes marañas de kelp en las playas.

En el de la foto, el estipe (tallo) y el flotador ya están secas y arrugadas, pero las frondas retienen su lustre, como de seda, y el color vivo por mucho tiempo.

Me traje un pedazo de estipe fresco para los residentes de mi acuario. Los caracoles lo están comiendo.


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger