Thursday, July 09, 2020

Crumbling

There is a tendency to look at the "pretty" things: the fresh green leaves, the dewy flowers, the blue skies and billowing clouds. Sometimes, though, I stop to look at things falling apart.

Like these dead branches and stumps.

Pine tree, crumbling but still standing.

Stump, spilling its innards,

Dead stick and cones in the duff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Acostumbramos mirar las cosas bellas: las hojas nuevas, verdes; las flores con sus colores frescas, el cielo azul y las nubes blancas, como almohadas. Pero de vez en cuando se me ocurre fijarme en cosas que se están desbaratando.

Como estos troncos y palos muertos.


1 comment:

  1. The dead and decaying materials are better habitat for the most part.

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger