Friday, July 19, 2019

Windblown

It doesn't take much of a breeze to make these dance.

Philadelphia fleabane, Erigeron philadelphicus, road to Zeballos. With thimbleberry and salmonberry leaves.

Nor these:

White sweet clover, Melilotus alba. Beside the bridge crossing the Nimpkish River.

The guide book says that white sweet clover is sweet-smelling. I had never noticed it before, but this patch was highly perfumed; just walking across the bridge, the scent overpowered the combined scents of raw wood, road dust, and evergreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger