Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Deadstick Pond

It was a no-name puddle, but it deserves a name. I'm calling it Deadstick Pond.

The ice looks thick enough to walk on. I didn't try.

From the highway, this pond is only visible in the winter; a screen of alders and thimbleberry bushes hides it with the first spring leaves. This afternoon, around the next corner, I noticed an old road, blocked off now, that curved back towards the pond. I found a parking spot and hiked back.

A wider view. It's a small pond; this is about half of it. The highway is just beyond those bare trees.

More sticks. And a cartoonish head with a little hat.

The road in. Those footprints are not mine; they're almost twice my size. Mine are the slight depressions to the right. The snow was frozen so hard I barely broke the surface.

And I brought home a pocketful of goodies to show you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Haha ... naming a puddle is no small matter but you pulled it off beautifully with Deadstick, Susannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maria! I even marked it with the name on Google maps!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! That'll have me chuckling all day.

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger