Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunset over Oyster Bay

With the longer days, sunset goes on and on, with the colours changing from pink to mauve to yellow to orange, then finally fading back to a warm violet. And there's time enough for me to drive down to Oyster Bay to watch the show.

9:20, facing the sun as it finally drops behind the trees.

9:18 With my back to the setting sun. The warm light highlights the usually greyish swallow nest posts and the rocky bank behind. Even the mud looks interesting.

The "official" sunset today was at 9:32, but when I left to go shopping in the cool of the evening, at 10:00, the sky was still streaked with orange and mauve lights. Only a few more days before the sun starts going to bed earlier again, though.

A Skywatch post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger