Wednesday, May 16, 2018

In a spring garden with a macro lens

I took my aquarium lens, the one I use to photograph the eyes of my hermit crabs, for a walk around my garden, to see what my old eyes are missing.

Alyssum. 

Apple blossoms. Looks like there'll be a good crop this year.

The holly tree.

I had never noticed the holly flowers before; they're tiny, and the holly sheds sharp-thorned leaves into the grass to puncture my toes, so I've kept my distance. The flowers are almost waxy and each clump has one of those upright sprigs growing from the center.

I'm not sure what this is. I bought the pot full of buds at a garage sale. I like the papery bud wraps.

A bowlful of pink flowers and white crepe paper.

Wild bluebells. And pink bluebells.

The genus is Hyacinthoides, meaning "like hyacinth". Except that they don't have the strong fragrance of hyacinths. These are possibly H. hispanica, the Spanish bluebell.

Araneus diadematus. Not a flower, but a bright point in the garden.



2 comments:

  1. I don't know what your "crepe paper" flower is, but one of those on-line ID groups probably would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all out now, no crepe paper left to be seen. The flowers look so familiar; I'm sure I should know them. I'll Google them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger