Friday, December 09, 2016

River mist

On a cold winter's afternoon, as the highway winds down the valleys towards Gold River, the hidden creeks and the river lift steams and mists into the freezing air.

The mist leaves shining droplets on the trees.

The river is warmer than the air; as moisture lifted from the river meets the cold air, it forms a mist, which rises because of the relative warmth of this air.

In winter, here, a blue sky means cold, dry air. It's warmer when the clouds close in; then, the mists descend from above rather than rising from the valleys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger