Monday, December 19, 2016

Hungry!

Barnacles have their quirks. The large thatched acorn barnacle shuts down tightly when the tide goes out. As it comes back in, and the first waves splash them, they begin to open, tentatively. If I come too close, they see my shadow and slam their doors shut again.

Not so the little common acorn. I had them out of the tank tonight while I scrubbed the walls, and as long as they were damp, they kept on trying to catch something to eat. And they didn't mind me moving the shell they grew on, nor even the camera's flash. They couldn't quite spread their nets as far as they do underwater, but it wasn't for lack of trying.

Looks like mountain peaks, with green lava. Or tentacled Sasquatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger