Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weathered leftovers

More photos from the vacant lot: things found underfoot.

In an abandoned cement ring, water, seeds and other detritus is caught in a spider web. I liked the patterns reflected in the water droplets.

Just a dying leaf, belly up.

Zooming in to show the pattern

Leaves and a Nike hoodie. I often find good clothes here, just dropped as if on a bedroom floor.

Well, fire-starting stuff, anyway. Part of a 4'x8' sign for "Luxury Duplexes".

Face under leaves. Another part of the sign.

Some of the vacant lot critters, tomorrow.


  1. You are one of the main bloggers to inspire me to look at details I might otherwise ignore when I'm taking pictures. I love these kinds of posts.

    And I've never seen water do that in spider webs before; very neat.

  2. I love the reflections in the water droplets in the spiderweb!! And the patterns in the leaf! the rest of it, I am not so sure...
    In the next post, you have some dramatic skies as backdrop to the leaves!! I love those sorts of days!!


If your comment is on a post older than a week, it will be held for moderation. Sorry about that, but spammers seem to love old posts!

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!