Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Update on the instant antique trees

I've been keeping an eye on those new "antique" trees along our street. The flower buds have opened in the last couple of days.

White and green

The flowers are very like an apple blossom, maybe a crabapple, but they are smaller than most. There is a faint hint of pink on some, but at a distance, the impression is of a pale green cloud, maybe because the leaves are so very green, and glowing.

I don't remember seeing any fruit last year, nor as many flowers, but these are very young trees, merely saplings, notwithstanding their coat of lichen and moss, and the cracked and weathered bark on the trunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger