Monday, April 22, 2013


Tulips in the rain, through a fogged-up window:


  1. I love the surprises of spring!
    I have a query for you.
    I'm trying to identify a bug. Can you help?
    It's all very exciting examining the minutia.

  2. That's a lovely photograph.

  3. Jennifer, If the one you're wondering about is the "mystery bug", what you've got is a large, female copepod, with her two egg sacs.

    There's a photo of a similar one here.

    Good shot! Those critters are hard to get; they move so quickly.


If your comment is on a post older than a week, it will be held for moderation. Sorry about that, but spammers seem to love old posts!

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!