Thursday, December 13, 2012

Over hill and dale and through the fence

I've been holding onto these photos for a year because I didn't know what to do with them. I finally just cropped them slightly and took out a few dust spots from Laurie's camera. Otherwise, this is what his camera saw.

This was late afternoon, last November, with the sun setting on the shore at White Rock. It was quite chilly, which may have had an effect on the light. The sparkles in the trees are Christmas lighting, I think. Laurie was sitting on the railway line, with the camera on the rail itself.

Looking west from the west end of the promenade area. Click to see what the rail does where it meets the fence.

Zooming closer, a minute later.

Looking east. Yes, the rails lie totally flat here; there is no hill. And the rail and fence are hopelessly entangled again.

From the inner rail. Up(not a)hill, down(not a)hill.

Winter on the shore is always wonderful, even with our backs to the water. When it's not raining, that is. I wish it would stop.

1 comment:

  1. I like the first one best. Love the angle and reflections. - Margy

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger