Monday, April 18, 2011

Beach amusements

I've been sorting through the last of our recent beach photos. This collection, from Crescent Beach, may not be necessarily colour balanced or even in focus, but I found them interesting. Maybe you will, too.

Light:

Looking southwest, directly into the light, turns the gravel purple. 

Horizons:

I can't figure this out. Why is it that a distant horizon sometimes looks as if it were bending up at both ends ...

and sometimes it bends down, instead?

And then, sometimes it slides off to one side. (Laurie wanted all the sky and all the sand. Greedy.)

Underfoot:

Valleys in the sand. Modernistic figures, in a line-up, maybe.

A crinkly rock.

Flying things:

The ruler of the skies chases away an unwelcome airplane.

Kite above, kitesurfer below, speeding along in a stiff breeze. Heron standing still.

Your petticoats are showing!
 Rust:

Bolts on heavy driftwood planks. Because I like the texture.

3 comments:

  1. those are all great shots! neat about the horizon bending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!

    I, too, am a texture freak.

    The intro to either John Le Carre's "Smiley's People" or "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" (with Alec Guinness) is video moving across old wooden boards/wall, cracking, faded paint on them curling, peeling, and yellow chalk being drawn across them in a straight line and, tho SUPER SIMPLE video, it makes me CRAZY. I'm a minimalist and texture freak, so REALLY recommend you check it out (plus TTSP is PERFECT and great for your brain). =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check that out, biobabbler. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger