Sunday, May 23, 2010

Two more birds from Reifel Island

This week will be a busy one. We are heading north the next week, up the Sunshine Coast again, and over to Vancouver Island for a couple of weeks. What with tying up loose ends around here, shopping and packing and making arrangements, blogging  will be brief until we're settled on the island.

For today, two small birds:


Rufous hummingbird at feeder.


Barn swallow.


Barn swallow nest in one of the bird-viewing shelters. Still damp with fresh mud.

And now, off to bed. Busy day coming up.

1 comment:

  1. The hummingbird has captured my heart!

    I hope you have a wonderful trip!
    I want you to know how much I appreciate you and your posts. You are so amazing - nothing escapes you, especially the tiny things usually overlooked. I find myself looking now - looking closer and closer, nose to the ground, at the rotten tree stump, the river, the tiny creatures that live on the flowers ...

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger