Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A bug in the hand

Last year, we found one of these on our neighbour's tomatoes. This year, there were two on the cosmos. Five more years at that rate, (geometric progression, of course) and he'll have one on every plant in his garden.


Green stink bug. Loves tomatoes.


Doesn't really like fingers.


Acrosternum hilare. The name (hilare) means "cheerful". I'm sure he was, too, once I'd put him back in the garden.

Hugh's son found a young one. This guy is all grown up.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger