Saturday, May 23, 2009

Weevil's evening out

Black vine weevil:

Otiorhynchus sulcatus. Look at the pretty antennae; like a chain with a golden pendant.

Wearing her best jewelled shoes in lieu of earrings, since she has no ears.

Dressed in her finest threads.

Ready to go partying!

Lights, music, -- dance!

Kick up those heels!

(The pink wall is a synthetic ice pack; I brought it out to slow the overactive weevil down, but instead, it went crazy trying to climb up the side.)



  1. I love the shoes..I want some just like them..
    I am sharing some of my fav posts of yours on twitter..

  2. Thanks for the links!

    I can imagine jewelry made to an insect appendage pattern.


If your comment is on a post older than a week, it will be held for moderation. Sorry about that, but spammers seem to love old posts!

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!