Sunday, November 02, 2008

Fall back

October/November: time to shut things down for the winter.


Three weeks ago. A snail feasts on a dead rose. Three more flowers to go.


Two weeks ago. Wild silver dollar plant. The seed pods will rattle all winter.


One week ago. Big-leaf maple and "normal" maples caught, for now, on the evergreen ferns.


Yesterday. My young maple has about one day's worth of leaves still hanging on. Bedraggled lily-of-the-valley leaves shelter hungry young slugs.

But the towhees are back, and the juncos; they forage cheerfully among those fallen leaves. And a trio of house finches is still here.


Bathing in the rain.

And Daylight Saving Time is over, done with, finished; I just set my clock back. I get to sleep in! Woo-hoo!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger