Sunday, September 21, 2008

Graffiti in the sky with diamonds

I am becoming enamoured of night photography. Here are a few of the ones I took on the trip to Strathcona Friday night.

From the first bus:


OPEN. A good place to start an album.

From the SkyTrain, the bumping, jerking, swinging, all-over-the-place SkyTrain. The camera was anchored. The sky graffiti is entirely the work of the train:


Down arrows. And a bridge over the Fraser.


Office building, MetroTown.


Ghosts of giraffes over New Westminster.


Leaving a station. With reflections of the train ceiling. This photo, especially in full size (click on it) draws me in, then makes me dizzy.


A pair of light-worms heads into town for a night of celebration.


Sign on the dotted line.

Almost there. On foot, now:


Jewel tones on Hastings, at my bus stop.



The lights fading: Lamp over a door at the corner.



Had to provide my own lights here.

And tomorrow, I'll be back to a daylit world. I like that one, too.
.

2 comments:

  1. I love your night photography! although I was a bit dizzy after seeing the last few photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Raul.

    And welcome back to Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger