Monday, June 18, 2007

I keep forgetting...

... to post a reminder about "Good Planets".

I will be hosting it here next Saturday. Don't forget to send your photos to me (susannah AT dccnet DOT com) before Friday afternoon, if at all possible.

The topic -- non-binding, of course -- for this edition is "fragility / durability". More on this in a moment.

First, though, let me mention the next installment, which Robin at Dharma Bums says will be hosted by SBGypsy, of The Gypsy's Caravan. Send photos for the second Saturday in July to sbgypsy AT hotmail DOT com.

We've got a tentative list of hosts covering up to October, maybe November. If you would like to host a month please let Robin know. She writes,
Hosting Good Planets means that for second and fourth Saturdays in the month, you will post photos that people send depicting the beauty of our good planet. It's a traveling gallery of appreciation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok. Back to the topic(s). "Fragility / durability."

I don't know what inspired me to choose these qualities; the words just fell out of my fingers onto the keyboard. I had nothing in mind that they represented for me, just the words.

However, thinking about it this week, Laurie and I have been struck with the sheer number of areas or categories that they apply to, and their relevance to the issues that confront us today; climate change, pollution, energy, population pressures, the safety and the future of our children, and more. And I've noticed the added dimension that thinking in these terms gives to my appreciation of the beauties of this solid/fragile, watery blue rock in space.

I am eagerly anticipating the photos you will be sending in this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger