Monday, December 11, 2006

Juncos Coping

"Who hid my bath?"

These photos turned out a bit fuzzy; the snow was too bright, and the junco just wouldn't stand still. But they were just too good to hide, anyhow.



The first is a junco on the birdbath last week, the day of that big snowstorm. At the highest point, I measured 18 inches of snow on that bath.



Next, a junco (the same, or another, I don't know) just coming out of the birdhouse. You have to look closely to find the house; it has been knocked on its back by the snow. That's the peak of the roof, at the bottom of that pile of snow. Luckily, I don't think any birds had decided to use the house for sleeping, just as a perch.


Here's a female on the fuschia, wondering where the daylight went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger