Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The lustre of mid-day

Just a thought:
No matter what we do to ruin things, Ma Nature quickly gives it a beauty treatment.

Clear-cut logging scar, somewhere up north, 1988. Film camera.

*Afterthought:
But she won't correct the damage we do to ourselves. Or return things to their previous state, no matter how we beg of her.

**After-afterthought:
And it doesn't give us an excuse to go about messing things up.

***Title from T'was the Night Before Christmas.
The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.




1 comment:

  1. True, Island; giants that won't be replaced for centuries, if at all. Nature recycles, but doesn't restore.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger