Monday, September 30, 2024

Backyard beauties

 And the rains came and big mushrooms sprouted on my lawn and in the garden.

Parasol mushrooms, Chlorophyllum sp., according to iNaturalist.

So very new, so very round.

Looks delicious, but do not eat. Unless you're a slug.

The same mushroom, 3 days later.

The cap flattens out as it matures.

After a couple more days of rain, I checked on them again. The large one had completely disappeared; the three smaller ones, in bare garden soil, were just blackish, slimy blobs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Llegaron las lluvias y en mi jardín aparecieron estos hongos.
  1. Chlorophyllum sp.
  2. Uno muy nuevecito, muy redondo.
  3. Se ve como que sería delicioso. Pero no te arriesgues; es comida propia para las babosas.
  4. El mismo hongo, tres dias más tarde.
  5. Se hace más plano mientras madura.
Después de otros dias de lluvia, fui a mirarlos de nuevo. El grande se había desaparecido por completo, y los tres chicos, los que salieron en el jardín, se habían convertido en masas negras, viscosas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger