Tuesday, July 09, 2024

So many flowers!

Here are some of the flowers I saw along the Rock Bay road:

One of the paintbrushes, probably Common red paintbrush, Castillelja sp.

Twinflowers, Linnaea borealis. Very tiny; two flowers on each Y stem.

Hardhack, Spiraea douglasii ssp douglasii.

Oceanspray, Holodiscus discolor. Lake McCreight.

Penstemon, probably Penstemon serrulatus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Algunas de las flores que vi por el camino hacia Rock Bay:
  1. Castilleja sp., probablemente C. miniata. En inglés las llamamos "pinceles" (o brochas de pintor: en inglés es la misma palabra.
  2. Flor gemela, Linnaea borealis. Una flor muy pequeña; cada tallo, en forma de "Y" lleva dos flores.
  3. Spiraea douglasii ssp. douglasii. Muy común cerca de agua; hace masas de arbustos casi impenetrables.
  4. Rocío oceánico, Holodiscus discolor.
  5. Penstemon serrulatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger