Friday, May 03, 2024

Hitchhiker, maybe?

"Moist to wet woods, streambanks, shaded open areas ..." "Moist forests ... and mossy bluff ledges and river boulders ..." So say my guidebook and E-FloraBC, about where to find trilliums. Not where I found this clump; on the shoulder of the highway, on a dry, rocky slope.

Just the one, lonely clump.

It almost looks like someone discarded a potted trillium plant here, 14 km. from the edge of town. So far, it looks like it finds the site comfortable. I'll look for it again next spring.

~~~~~~~~~~
"Bosques húmedos o empapados, las orillas de rios y riachuelos, sitios abiertos pero en sombra ..." "Bosques húmedos ... y laderas cubiertas de musgos y piedras en los rios ..." Aquí, dicen mi libro guía y el sitio E-FloraBC, es donde puedo encontrar los trilios. Donde crece este grupo, en el borde de la carretera cruzando un declive seco, no. Pero allí está; parece tal vez que alguien haya tirado una maceta con la planta, aquí a km. del pueblo más cercano.

Hasta ahora, parece que le conviene bien el sitio. Los buscaré de nuevo en la próxima primavera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger