Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Five bees and a spider

 Bee balm. It's well-named; the bees love it, dashing about, burrowing deep, hurrying on to the next flower; so much delicious nectar to be harvested!

So fuzzy; bee, leaves, stems, and even the flower petals.

Big B, little B.

Such big eyes!

For variety, there's a hibiscus overhead. Can you find the spider?

Two ways to earn a living; hurry, hurry, hurry, or sit very still, waiting for food to arrive.

(I'm back; I was down with a cold that affected my eyes. Better now.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Las flores de Monarda spp. son favoritas de los polinadores. En inglés se les nombra bálsamo de las abejas. Y las mantiene bien ocupadas, apurándose a cosechar polen y nectar, volando de una hacia la próxima, y rapidamente hacia otra ... 

Fotos:
  1. Tanto la abeja como las hojas, el tallo y hasta los pétalos llevan una pelusa fina.
  2. Dos abejas, una grande, otra chiquita.
  3. Otra abeja entre las flores.
  4. Y arriba, hay un hibisco que también tiene su atractivo. Y mira con cuidado: ¿ves la araña? Dos maneras de ganarse la vida: con mucha energía, o con mucha paciencia.
(Estoy de vuelta. Estuve enferma con una gripa que me afectó los ojos. Ya pasó.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger