Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Peaceful

The first of February. A sparkling day at Oyster Bay. And there were green-winged teals!.

High tide. Inside the breakwater, there's barely a ripple.

Green-winged teal male in breeding garb.

Courtship starts in the fall and peaks in January and February; they choose new partners each year. (All About Birds)

Against the light

Male and female.

Speeding right along, leaving an expanding wake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
El primero de febrero. Un dia brillante en la bahía, y con patos serranos, Anas carolinensis, vestidos para impresionar. Es la temporada cuando están escogiendo su pareja para este año.

Fotos:
  1. Oyster Bay, con la marea alta. Protegida por el rompeolas, el agua apenas se mueve.
  2. Un pato macho. Se conocen por la cabeza rojiza, con su franja verde y una linea blanca bajo el ojo. Las hembras y los patos jóvenes son vienen en colores pardo y crema.
  3. Contra la luz.
  4. Macho y hembra
  5. Un macho distante, navegando rapidamente; deja una estela tras si.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:08 am

    Your beautiful photos remind me how much I love Green-winged Teals. Love these photos.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger