Thursday, June 18, 2020

Violet to magenta

And the rest of the purples, before I go on to other topics:

Creeping Charlie, Glechoma hederacea. Aka ground-ivy, run-away-robin, etc.

Creeping Charlie loves lawns.  In many places it is considered an invasive weed, but I welcome it. While I fight the cat's-ear, because it kills everything around it, and then spreads seeds to the neighbour's yard, Creeping Charlie blends in, stays put, and provides food for assorted critters. And the flowers are interesting.

Small magenta flowers, unidentified.

Border planting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tres flores más, antes de pasar a otras temas:

La hiedra terrestre, Glechoma hederacea crece entre el césped. Muchas veces se considera como una hierba mala, invasiva, pero a mí me gusta. No mata a otras plantas, no se extiende a los terrenos de los vecinos, proveen alimento y albergue para muchos insectos, y las flores, muy pequeñas, son interesantes. 

No sé como se llaman las otras dos flores. Las sembró mi vecina.

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger