Thursday, July 04, 2019

Swimming school

It was a quiet afternoon down at the wharf. Very few birds. No harbour seals. Even the usual kelp and assorted crabs and sponges on the pilings were in hiding. But there were fish. Tiny ones, from an inch or so to a couple of inches long, hundreds of them, and everywhere I looked.

Most were swimming just under the surface.

Where they broke the surface, nibbling at invisible (to me) goodies, they made rings. And the rings made the fish look stripy.

And just above the surface, a patient cross spider, catching mainly dust. Good thing the fish aren't jumping!

A couple of tubeworms on the underside of a wharf office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger