Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Seals in the sunshine

Last week I spent a day with friends on a sailboat, tacking between Quadra and Cortes Islands, sort of looking for whales, mostly just watching the islands slide by. We saw no whales, except from the ferry landing before we got started, when two breached twice, then disappeared. We did see seals, from a distance.

Seals, basking in the sunshine.

We got no closer than this, so I couldn't tell if they were the little harbour seals or the big California seals. The kayakers behind the rocks on the left came much closer before we were out of sight, but the seals took no notice of them.

More photos once I've processed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger