Sunday, June 02, 2019

Shopping is such hard work

I discovered one of my hermit crabs in the process of choosing a new outfit. I'll let her tell the story.

Let me see; this one looks new, and it's my size. It's empty and clean inside.

So I'll try it on.

Yes! It fits perfectly!

Let me check the back, and the pockets. Yes, it's all snug and there are no holes. Good!

The outside feels good, too. I can reach almost to the tip.

But wait. Before I go, let me look at the old one again. It served me well.

And I think, now it comes to it, that it did feel more comfortable. Well broken in, and that little hole at the back made for good ventilation.

I'll try it on again.

Yes. You know, travel-stained and chipped and all, it does feel better. I'll keep it, after all.

And off she went, leaving the new outfit behind for the next shopper.

The hermit is a hairy hermit, Pagurus hirsutiusculus, an old-timer in my aquarium. Her shell is just under an inch long. The shells are imports, found in a dollar store, washed and boiled. They seem popular with the hairies, not so much with the grainy-hand hermits, who like big, sturdy shells.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us on the shopping trip. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was rather approving of the new outfit - very pretty. But one can only sympathise. Old and familiar can often out-trump style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we can all relate. Like a comfortable old pair of shoes ... some things are just too hard to give up, even if it's for something better. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger