Thursday, June 27, 2019

Hard working parents

Bringing home the groceries:

Purple martins at their nest box.

Seen from the Royston Seaside Trail, across the bay from Comox.

The male is purple and brown; the female is the one at the nest; she has a grey collar. She fed the youngsters first, then the male came in with his offering.

Look closely; there is a wire cage above the nest box. As I was leaving, an eagle came and perched on the top of the pilings. Were it not for the wire cage, he could have made a good lunch of martin chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger