Thursday, January 31, 2019

Hideaways

Miniature white mushrooms hiding in cracks in tree bark:

Pure white balls, pinhead to marble size.

These are a bit larger, and stalked. Growing under roots on a nurse stump.

Zooming in on others on the same roots. They burst through from the inner "meat" of the roots; note the broken end, where no bark impedes their growth.

These grow in clusters from bottom to top of a deep crack in the bark.

And where the bark is long gone, these side-stalked tan mushrooms force their way out.

I've tried and failed to identify these beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger